Re: Missing an enumerated value for installment payment (acceptedPaymentMethod)

From: Martin Hepp <mfhepp@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 14:34:27 +0200
To: Jarno van Driel <jarnovandriel@gmail.com>
The reason is that this is not a payment method but a granular description about the timing and partitioning of payments. There is a need for a more advanced model for financing, deposits etc. But it is not yet there.

But adding a simple installment payment value does not really do the trick.

By the way: Whenever you feel the need to define additional payment methods (or additional values for enumerations in general), you can freely do so on your own site - so simply define an instance of e.g. http://schema.org/PaymentMethod on your site and use the URI of this entity as the value, like so:

<!-- on the payment info (or any other static) page, we define the
     non-standard payment method -->
<h1 itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/PaymentMethod"
    itemprop="name"
    itemid="http://acme.com/payment/#giftcard">ACME Gift Card</h1>

<!-- on the offer page, indicate this payment option -->
for your home</div>
  Payment:
  <link itemprop="acceptedPaymentMethod"
     href="http://acme.com/payment/#giftcard" />ACME Gift Cards</a>
  <link itemprop="acceptedPaymentMethod"
     href="http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1#Cash" />cash
<!-- other offer properties follow here -->

martin hepp  http://www.heppnetz.de
mhepp@computer.org          @mfhepp