Re: Question on expressing translations of terms

On 5 September 2016 at 18:01, Alexandre Bertails <bertails@apple.com> wrote:

> Hi Felix,
>
> I am not surprised GSDT won't accept your snippet because schema:sameAs is
> not defined on all schema:Thing.
>
> I don't think we have made much progress on extending (or not) the range
> of schema:sameAs. To be honest, there's been very little traction there and
> some people just didn't like the idea and were advocating for the use of
> owl:sameAs instead.

Yes,  I think we got stuck in those discussions. It might be worth starting
over but backing up and beginning with goals rather than a candidate
(sameAs) solution.

As far as the Google tool is concerned,
https://gist.github.com/danbri/868cb89aeb797a0ff43955b9187f8b6b is as close
as I could get it to passing the checker, but the failures aren't
surprising given the current structures at schema.org.

Not sure what would be the next step though. I would at least prefer having
> a note somewhere saying explicitly that schema:sameAs shouldn't be used for
> such scenarios (maybe in [1]?).

What wording would you suggest? My preference would be for the definition
of sameAs to be sufficiently clear but we can always link to more details.

Dan