From: jgjett@gmail.com [mailto:jgjett@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Jacob Jett
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2016 9:26 AM
To: Richard Wallis <richard.wallis@dataliberate.com>
Cc: public-schemaorg@w3.org; Han, Myung-Ja <mhan3@illinois.edu>; Sarol, Maria Janina <mjsarol@illinois.edu>; Kinnaman, Alex Olivia <kinnama2@illinois.edu>; Cole, Timothy W <t-cole3@illinois.edu>
Subject: Re: Suggestion for new category

Sorry, I think you misunderstand. I get how to attach the contributors to the various structures. That's not so difficult. The question is how to attach the contributions?

For example, I have the stage notes for a particular performance of Vanity Fair. How does that attach to the Theatrical Event? Simply saying that the stage notes are 'isPartOf' completely loses the role that the stage notes play. There seems to be a need for some additional properties (which is the case anyway, as there is no difference between a Theatrical Event and an Event).

Jacob Jett
Research Assistant
Center for Informatics Research in Science and Scholarship
The Graduate School of Library and Information Science
501 E. Daniel Street, MC-493, Champaign, IL 61820-6211 USA
(217) 244-2164
jjett2@illinois.edu <mailto:jjett2@illinois.edu>