Re: Schema.org: what schema is best suited for covering pages of word definitions?

Hi Bart,

You are correct that there is currently no ideal Types/Properties to fit
your use case.

However there is a proposal (for the next release) that can be seen in the
webschemas.org development version for EnumerationValue
<http://pending.webschemas.org/EnumerationValue>, which has an example for
terms in a legal dictionary
<http://pending.webschemas.org/EnumerationValue#enumval-3> that comes close
to what you describe.

You could use this approach using disambiguatingDescription for the
definition paragraph and description for the description or you could use
description for both.  If the descriptions are more an article about the
word you could describe the entity as EnumerationValue and Article and
proceed as you describe.

This approach has the benefit of describing the Word’s URL as an identifier
in a set of word identifiers, as part of your website (not necessarily a
Book as in the example).

~Richard.

Richard Wallis
Founder, Data Liberate