Re: Schema and adult sites

On 24 February 2016 at 21:54, Luis Tim <bestlistof@outlook.com> wrote:
> Hey guys!
>
> I was adding schema in my adult site but today I have found this message in
> a google page:
> "We will not show review rich snippets for adult-related products or
> services."
> Ref: https://developers.google.com/structured-data/rich-snippets/reviews
>
> So I cant use any schema markups in my adult site right?

Hi Luis,

Basically you are asking the wrong people: this group is focussed on
documenting and improving the schema.org schemas. It has no
operational control over the various search engine features and other
applications that use this data - whether at Google or elsewhere.
Beyond that, schema.org is designed for multiple uses, so while you
might be disappointed that Google Rich Snippets are not available for
such sites, there may be other uses of it. Schema.org is also (as I
see now that Tom already wrote) generally harmless - except for extra
page weight and implementation effort - to add most kinds of
structured data to pages, so the language of "can't use..." doesn't
really fit. Even if the larger search engines aren't using the data
your own site's search facilities could use it. Others have integrated
structured data into Web analytics reporting, for another example.

cheers,

Dan