Re: namesake and namedAfter

+1, this is not only cool, but really useful in text analysis and semantic
search.
Knowing that something is named after somebody or something else is key to
disambiguation and graph navigation.

As for the signature, I would go simple with something like:

*schema:Thing schema:namedAfter schema:Thing*

So we can just point to another entity, being a Person, Place or whatever.

--
http://pieroit.org/portfolio
+39 320 09 23 630