Re: JSON-LD and multiple values

On 9 June 2015 at 10:35, mfhepp@gmail.com <mfhepp@gmail.com> wrote:
> Melvin:
> I might not have made my point clear: This is not a problem of not being able to represent an RDF structure in JSON-LD, but that
>
> 1. the correct pattern in JSON-LD (list/array) is different from the pattern in Turtle, RDFa, RDF/XML etc. (repetition of the same property) and
> 2. that naively using the pattern from the other syntaxes fails *silently* in JSON-LD (just the last value is recognized).

This is broadly analogous to the rule in RDF/XML (inherited from XML
and HTML) that multiple attributes of the same name can't exist. In
RDF/XML that's why we also encoded properties via sub-elements, and
the rule was well known. In JSON, well
https://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/201x/2013/02/21/JSON-Lesson ...
expresses the situation nicely.

(http://linter.structured-data.org/ doesn't seem to complain btw)

Hopefully we don't have any of these in schema.org's examples. If any
have slipped through, please file a bug -
http://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues ... I haven't found a
convenient way of checking automatically yet.

Dan