Query schema.org data?

From: Barry Carter <carter.barry@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 12:12:40 -0600 (MDT)
To: public-schemaorg@w3.org
Is it possible to query the data Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, etc collect
from pages marked with schema.org tags?

For example, I tried googling "[more:Place:name:Texas]" (no quotes) as
quasi-suggested by:

https://developers.google.com/custom-search/docs/structured_data

but got no results.

Of course, that page is specific to per-site custom queries, so my syntax may
be wrong.

Is there any generic way (on any of the search engines using schema.org) to
search for documents that have a schema.org Place named Texas in them?

[I realize schema.org itself has no data, but it still seemed to make a
good post title]