RE: Schemas for Opinions of Federal Courts

Stuart, Let’s do it.  Should we talk offline?

Sam Deskin

OpenJurist.org

From: Stuart Robinson [mailto:stuartro@google.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 15, 2015 5:41 PM
To: Sam Deskin
Subject: Re: Schemas for Opinions of Federal Courts

Personally, I think developing some shared core schema for this domain would make a lot of sense. I think the problem is that the domain is complicated and coming up with something general purpose that applies across countries and their respective legal systems is difficult. But we should give it a go. If it proves just too difficult to model across legal systems, we can come up with schema specific to a single legal system. For example, you might have USLegalDecision instead of LegalDecision.