Re: Two proposals for schema.org/WebPage

Hi Jarno,

No, I can see the logic in that - especially since HTML5 provides
semantic elements for marking up similar web page "elements" (in the
form of nav, main, header, footer, etc.) and even if people aren't using
HTML5 then these semantic web page elements can be indicated using
WAI-ARIA roles. As such, the varios subtypes of WebPageElement can not
only be seen as not describing real world entities but also a
duplication of effort.

But - and this is a big obstacle - I think we'd find it difficult to
deprecate the BreadcrumbList type (which is the expected type of the
breadcrumb property of WebPage) because of its very popular use in
enriching how search engine results are displayed in Google ("rich
snippets") and other search engines, regardless of the fact that
BreadcrumbList doesn't describe a "real world entity".

Paul