Re: PublicationEvent for quarterlies and other odd cases

Henry:

To a large extent, the schema.org metadata is for machines, not people.

In this case, you could do something like <time property="datePublished"
content="2013-03">Spring 2013</time> and satisfy both the machines and the
people.

Rather than bringing up a whole bunch of concerns separately and somewhat
abstractly, can I suggest that you try building a few complete examples on
a wiki page or somewhere where others can comment and provide alternative
solutions? We've almost always had our best successes when we work with
concrete examples drawn from real life.