RE: The Agent proposal in bib.schema.org is controversial

+1

foaf:Agent would be another viable option to suggest.

From: Richard Wallis [mailto:richard.wallis@dataliberate.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2015 12:26 PM
To: public-schemabibex@w3.org
Subject: Re: The Agent proposal in bib.schema.org is controversial

So, the majority consensus (if that is not an oxymoron) appears to be that we will not push forward the proposal for an Agent type, as a super-type for Person & Organization, in the bib.schema.org<http://bib.schema.org> extension.

The recommendation being for publishing an agent (i.e. a Person or an Organization but it is not clear which) Schema:Thing should be used.  If the data publisher wishes to identify that thing as being identified within their data as an agent they should use http://bibliograph.net/Agent or http://purl.org/dc/terms/Agent in addition to Schema:Thing.

If people are happy with that position I will forward it as a response to the discussion in the min Shema.org group.

~Richard.

Richard Wallis
Founder, Data Liberate
http://dataliberate.com