Re: WorldCat Works Data

Richard, this is very interesting. Thank you for sharing it! Will there be
links to individual ISBN/ISNI records? Will your team be making use of ISTC?

From:  "Wallis,Richard" <Richard.Wallis@oclc.org>
Date:  Tuesday, February 25, 2014 at 9:05 AM
To:  "public-schemabibex@w3.org" <public-schemabibex@w3.org>
Subject:  WorldCat Works Data

Hi all,

I would just like to share my pleasure at being able to stop hinting that
"OCLC were doing something about bibliographic descriptions at the work
level".

I have just announced a preview release of some 194 million open
bibliographic work descriptions from WorldCat.org <http://WorldCat.org> .

Of course extensive use is made of Schema.org <http://Schema.org>  and
SchemaBibEx proposals ;-)

It is a preview release as it is intended to increase the quality of data,
linking and mark up over the near future.

I have posted a blog with more detail:
http://dataliberate.com/2014/02/oclc-preview-194-million-open-bibliographic-
work-descriptions/

Regards,