Re: Holdings-as-Offer: wrap-up

+1 to availableAtOrFrom

And a side note... several ILS's also seem to acknowledge that you can
"group" or "cluster" a set of locations inside a building or buildings.
 Evergreen and others have this in their DB schema, but I do not know if
Libraries take advantage of it much.. Like saying "Kids" or just the idea
of "non Adult" for noting the left side of a library where Teens, Young
Adult, Toddler books are all kept, versus the right side of library where
Adult books are kept and shelved.  Some libraries that are multi-building
probably take advantage of this kind of schema even more.  More sq. footage
= more options for them. :)

Evergreen ILS uses the notion of a "copy_location_group"
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.4/schema/_schema_asset.html   so...

Place->containedIn->Place is still a fairly good fit for those that want to
take advantage of grouping or clustering...a concept that explains the area
of a building where a particular shelf is located... i.e. a "cluster",
"area", "group" or "copy_location_group"...same thing.

Throwing it out there as food for thought for those still in the library
world.

--
-Thad
Thad on Freebase.com <http://www.freebase.com/view/en/thad_guidry>