Re: journal article for next call?

> On 11/26/13 4:48 PM, Antoine Isaac wrote:
>> Dear all
>>
>> It strikes me that "issuance" is a sub-class of Collection in the proposal:
>> [
>>   Thing > CreativeWork > Collection > Issuance
>> ]
>> It will be the case for journal issues made of articles, but for other
>> periodicals (comics?) it may not be true.
>
> Wouldn't this imply that Periodical is a sub-class of Collection? The other question is: do we anticipate that "Issuance" will be used with any resources other than Periodical resources? The answer to that question could be significant for its placement in Schema.

No. X is a sub-class of Y implies that every X is a Y. So if there's an issue that is not a collection, then issue is not a sub-class of collection.
And I see nothing that would intuitively warrant that all issues of a periodical are themselves collections of stuff. But perhaps I'm wrong, and you're using 'periodical' in a much narrower meaning than the one I'm used to (I'm not a librarian, I confess ;-) ).

Antoine