Re: Why we want to have separate Periodical and (Periodical)Issu(e|ance) types

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 1:16 PM, Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net> wrote:
> I have replied privately to Dan on this, but to save everyone else time, you
> do not have to explain linked data or RDF to me. I already know.

My sincere apologies if you felt that I was saying or inferring that
you do not know linked data or RDF.

For what it's worth, I am personally still very much in learning mode
(for example, don't ask me what the other RDFa attributes are outside
of RDFa Lite, except for @about which I always wish was part of RDFa
Lite...). When I typed some RDFa examples earlier today, I was typing
"typeOf" instead of "typeof" and spent more time than I care to admit
trying to figure out why things weren't working as anticipated.

Going through the exercise of marking up the citation in full RDFa
Lite was an approach that draws on my philosophy background of
starting from first principles and building an argument from there. I
found this effective in philosophy because this gives everyone a
chance to critique the flaws at any point in the development of a
given argument. It also helps reinforce my own skills. I thought that,
since we had seemingly reached an impasse about the issue of whether
we need an Issu(e|ance) type or not, adopting a back to basics
approach might help us move forward.

So I do hope that you will share your objections to my last response
with the list so that we can continue this conversation.

Dan

> On 11/22/13 8:43 AM, Dan Scott wrote:

>>> I honestly don't see this as a mark-up use case. So I would like to see
>>> an
>>> example (preferably of a real web page) where this type of structuring