Re: Voting for CreativeWork property names

On 17/05/2013 16:36, "Ross Singer" <rxs@talis.com> wrote:
>So this seems to me that CreativeWork -> Book | Movie | etc. is a
>relationship that you generally wouldn't want to express, since the Work
>has a very high potential to be a "supernode" [1].  Instead, you're only
>ever really going to want to express the inverse relationship (Book ->
>CreativeWork)

Depends what you are doing.  If you are describing the book in your hand,
yes you would want say that it is 'instanceOf' a work described either on
your system or at an authoritative source.

However, if you want to respond to a user/system trying to discover "War
and Peace" you may want to provide a Work-level description with several
'instance' relationships to the various manifestations you have available.
 Equally the same 'instance' relationship would be applicable between a
manifestation description and the item instances you hold.

Similar situation may apply in a consortial data set with their expression
descriptions linking to the various manifestations in their member
libraries.

~Richard