Re: Candidates for the CreativeWork property names vote off

Niklas -

This is a bit off the side of this discussion, but when I look at
schema.org I see a lot of what I would call "static product
description." schema.org is mostly about *things* with very little use
of relationships. This makes sense if you think about the primary role
of search engines and the fact that they display results as lists, not
as graphs. (hopefully that will change).

This means that schema.org doesn't have many thing-to-thing
relationships, that is, relationships between properties or even between
classes, other than class membership. In the bibliographic area, the
real excitement will come from the use of non-structural relationships,
like "inspired by" "quotes" "derives from" "satirizes" etc.

I think it would be interesting to have the conversation the vocab list
about property relationships. What is the best way to move from a rather
linear, noun-based description to a more dynamic, relationship-based set
of verbs? What will those mean for search and display? Should we be
coordinating this evolution across vocabularies?

kc

--
Karen Coyle