Re: JSON-LD coming as a way to insert schema.org data into the web page

On 5 June 2013 00:20, Wallis,Richard <Richard.Wallis@oclc.org> wrote:

> http://blog.schema.org/2013/06/schemaorg-and-json-ld.html
>
> Interesting move from Schema (following the emerging RDF 1.1 standard).
>
> This would enable easy insert of a block of schema.org data into a web page [...]

As well as a method for inserting a block of data into a web page
("Embedding JSON-LD in HTML"), JSON-LD is useful as a way to map
arbitrary JSON properties to namespaced URIs, for conversion to RDF.

I've been creating a JSON-LD mapping from Highwire/Google Scholar
citation_* meta fields to schema.org properties:
https://github.com/hubgit/citation-schema/blob/gh-pages/context.json

When the context file is referenced from within a JSON object, the
parser knows to apply the context to the JSON file to expand the
properties.
For example, using jsonld.js (<https://github.com/digitalbazaar/jsonld.js>):
./bin/jsonld normalize -q https://peerj.com/articles/36.json
produces NQuads statements from the JSON-LD input.

The problem at this point is that many of the citation_* fields (those
marked as "http://schema.org/?" in the context file) don't have an
equivalent property in schema.org. Can this group propose equivalents
for each of the following fields (which are in current usage as <meta>
tags, but can't yet be used as schema.org properties)?

citation_doi
citation_pmid
citation_arxiv_id
citation_issn