Re: Extension syntax Was: Re: Updated Example

On 2/25/13 6:11 AM, Jason Ronallo wrote:

> It is fine to include the span, but note that a conformant Microdata
> processor does nothing with the span. It would not associate the text
> of the span with the meta property and value in any way.
> Also in HTML5 elements like <meta> and <link> are void elements [1]
> and only have a start tag, so they do not have to include the
> self-closing slash.

Jason,

If the microdata processor will not use the span, then we should go back
to the simple itemprop + type=text, because the display is key. I ran
some examples through the Google microdata validation, and the "content"
will be displayed, thus

will display as "true", which is what we were trying to avoid.

I'll change it back to what it was.

kc

--
Karen Coyle