Re: Extension syntax Was: Re: Updated Example

In what way does this change our recommended vocabularies? Do we need
two sets: one for data and one for strings? (I hope not) In other words,
is this a reason NOT to define a property for "extent", but only to
define properties for specific extent data, like duration? Which would
mean that unparsed extents do not get marked up because you don't always
know that a duration is present.

I see a tug-of-war here between "using microdata with the data we have
vs. using microdata with the data we wish we had." If we propose a
property for "duration" but not one for "extent" then we are determining
what markup can be done.

I think we will encounter this again when we approach library holdings.
I think it is worthwhile marking up library holdings for rich snippet
display even if much of that data will not be actionable, but will be
very informative for humans if brought up to the rich snippet level.

There seem to be some philosophical differences that are tripping us up
here.

kc