From: Tom Morris [mailto:tfmorris@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 11:38 AM
To: Graham Bell
Cc: Wallis,Richard; public-schemabibex@w3.org; Laura Dawson
Subject: Re: Series

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 10:46 AM, Graham Bell <graham@editeur.org>
wrote:

	Not just children's titles. Nested series -- and intersecting
series, where one book is #7 in one series and #3 in another -- are
reasonably common in scholarly monograph publishing.

I think it's useful to distinguish between series created by authors
(e.g. Dune) and series created by publisher (Great American Classics)
because they have very different characteristics.  Freebase calls these
two different things Literary Series
<http://www.freebase.com/view/book/literary_series>  and Book Edition
Series <http://www.freebase.com/view/book/book_edition_series>

	And a single series might have multiple sequential orderings.
Compare publication order with narrative order, for example (my usual
example is The Chronicles of Narnia, where Voyage of the Dawn Treader
can be #3 or #5, but you could equally consider Star Wars or anything
with a 'prequel'). Again, films may have done this already.

Publication date sequencing can be computed using existing information,
so I think narrative sequence is the more important thing to capture.

Tom

	Graham

	EDItEUR