Re: Content-Carrier Proposal

Hi, Richard,

Yes, I think using external enumerations is the best way forward for
carrier types. The product ontology also seems like the best fit,
especially because it will scale as there are new carrier types.

I wondered a bit about overloading additionalType with too many
meanings of "type", but I think I was overanalyzing it.

There are a couple things that probably need to change in the
examples, though, to shape them up. The author property of a
CreativeWork expects a nested Organization or Person item. It also
seems unlikely that I'd ever have a site where the primary link on an
author's name is to VIAF. I'd be more likely to link to all the
associated resources for that person within the current site. If I
were to present the link to VIAF to a user at all, it would only be a
secondary link. I can see the importance of making the link to VIAF,
but I think there's got to be another way to make that link.

I wondered where the sameThingAs property came from but, I see a
proposal for it here: http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/sameThingAs
Is this particular proposal dependent on acceptance of the sameThingAs proposal?

Jason