Re: Scope of this group's work

I would like to echo Adrian's identification of points:
> a) the intended schema.org extension should be useful by for diverse
> individuals and organizations publishing bibliographic data on the web.
> b) the term "bibliographic data" is interpreted quite broadly as it not only
> covers descriptions of bibliographic resources, of authors etc. but also
> information about where and how an item can be obtained (lend, bought,
> streamed etc.)  and by whom.

I believe the approach should be from the starting point of ³how/can we use
the full breadth of the Schema.org vocabulary to describe our [broadly
defined] bibliographic resources; what additional elements to the vocabulary
would improve that process and; how would we map information from our
current [mostly record based] data in to schema.org entity based
descriptions.²

A bit of extra background might be drawn from a post of mine
<http://dataliberate.com/2012/11/the-correct-end-of-your-telescope-viewing-s
chema-org-adoption/>

Also as to the point of what the search engines are looking for, this Google
post
<http://googleblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/introducing-knowledge-graph-things
-not.html> gives a clearer view of their entity driven view of the world.

~Richard.