Re: Itemprop for person

This is where this group may have more to do than just come to a consensus
around extensions to the schema.org vocabulary.  We may have a role in
providing guidance in what elements of rich bibliographic data, from Marc
for instance, can and can not be represented using [extended] Schema.org
Plus provide examples on how they could be mapped.

In the 'mostly good enough' world of the web (as being described using
Schema.org), it is people and organisations that they are trying to describe
– they are not so focussed on ‘names’ as we are.   This has the effect of
merging your three levels to something that is probably a combination of
person and persona.

How VIAF and ISNI are, or should be, used is an interesting question. A VIAF
URI is becoming synonymous with a person identifier by those outside (and
possibly inside) the library world, where as an ISNI (the clue is in the
name) I get the impression is more ‘name’ oriented – or is that because it
is not widely know yet beyond circles that have operated with a name view of
the world for years?

~Richard.