Re: schema-course-extend: Identifying the instructor of a course.

instructor as described seems like a good approach - courses and their
instructors are sufficiently different from other things to warrant the
creation of a specific relationship to Person.

As to your question about identifying the offering institution.  Both Course
and CourseInstance inherit the offers property which would be used to
identify individual Offer(s).  Offer has the offeredBy property to
reference the offering organisation/institution.

Richard Wallis
Founder, Data Liberate
http://dataliberate.com
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/richardwallis