Re: Mode of study or delivery

The proposed External Enumerations Issue (#894
<https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues/894>)  - Pull request (#924
<https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/pull/924>) - may help with
describing a set of values for courseMode.

The key question being where, reliable and hopefully authoritative, would
these be hosted?

And yes you are right, many will probably just provide a text value.

~Richard