Re: schema-course-extend: credential or award offered through course.

Fair enough.

What's likely going to occur here, then, is something like with
https://health-lifesci.schema.org/MedicalStudy

- MedicalStudy exists because experts took the time to develop an excellent
domain-specific vocabulary
- ScientificStudy does not yet exist
  - ScientificStudy is a proper superclass of MedicalStudy
    - domains and ranges will then need to be widened to accomodate

https://health-lifesci.schema.org/MedicalTrialDesign <-
ScientificTrialDesign (or ScientificStudyDesign, StudyDesign)

- MedicalTrialDesign > RandomizedTrial
- StudyDesign > MedicalTrialDesign > RandomizedTrial
- StudyDesign > RandomizedStudy

So,
while I share the concerns about scope creep
( https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues/1127 )
I hesitate to make this overly domain specific because
we want it now
when very simple abstract
Credential and CredentialInstance (or CredentialAssertion)
superclasses now
could save much re-work
and schema confusion later.

C: Thing > CreativeWork > Credential
- P: issuer (d: {Credential, CredentialInstance}, r: {Person, Organization,
CredentialInstance})

C: CredentialAssertion (was CredentialInstance)
- P: recipient ( https://schema.org/recipient )
- P: credential (d: {CredentialAssertion,}, r: {Credential})

This effort is part of a broader scope;
without a base class,
class expansions wont work consistently.