Re: Examples Re: Modelling Course and CourseOffering

The RDFa/HTML for these two examples is now on the wiki:
https://www.w3.org/community/schema-course-extend/wiki/Coursera_example
https://www.w3.org/community/schema-course-extend/wiki/Fife_College_example

Phil

On 16/02/16 10:43, Phil Barker wrote:

> Hello all
> I have made a start on some examples by taking real world web pages
> that describe courses and simplifying them by stripping out the
> presentations / interactive code but keeping the basic HTML more or
> less the same. I have then added a little markup for Course and
> CourseOffering. I hope that as we do more properties this will help
> answer the questions around modelling.
>
> Example 1. Fife College's HNC Accounting Course
> Original:
> <http://www.fife.ac.uk/student/courses/course/HCACC>
> My copy:
> <http://www.icbl.hw.ac.uk/~philb/temp/schCExt/FifeAccounting.html>
> Extracted Triples N3(*):
> <http://rdf-translator.appspot.com/convert/rdfa/n3/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.icbl.hw.ac.uk%2F~philb%2Ftemp%2FschCExt%2FFifeAccounting.html>
>

> Example 2 Coursera Data scientists toolbox
> Original:
> <https://www.coursera.org/learn/data-scientists-tools/>
> My copy:
> <http://www.icbl.hw.ac.uk/~philb/temp/schCExt/CourseraDataToolbox.html>
> Extracted Triples N3(*):
> <http://rdf-translator.appspot.com/convert/rdfa/n3/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.icbl.hw.ac.uk%2F~philb%2Ftemp%2FschCExt%2FCourseraDataToolbox.html>
>

> So far so good. There's one example there of what is essentially a
> single Offering page and another which is explicitly multi-offering,
> in both the amount of information that is solely about the offering is
> quite small.
>
> Phil
>

> * if you want other serializations you can put the URL into
> http://rdf-translator.appspot.com/

Phil Barker           @philbarker
LRMI, Cetis, ICBL     http://people.pjjk.net/phil
Heriot-Watt University

Ubuntu: http://xkcd.com/456/
   not so much an operating system as a learning opportunity.