Re: Examples Re: Modelling Course and CourseOffering

On 16/02/2016 13:40, Dan Brickley wrote:
> Can I put in a vote for JSON-LD or Microdata/RDFa in those examples;
> I'm afraid Turtle/N3 remains a relatively esoteric skill, and it would
> be good to keep examples close to the form that will be in eventual
> use in the wider Web (and on schema.org). Dan

Yep, that's where I'm heading. The copies I am working on have RDFa, the
N3 is generated automatically by rdf-translator.appspot.com So you can
<http://www.icbl.hw.ac.uk/~philb/temp/schCExt/FifeAccounting.html> for
the RDFa

In the past I've used rdf-translator to generate JSON-LD, but the output
needs simplifying before it can be used for schema.org examples.
see
<http://rdf-translator.appspot.com/convert/rdfa/json-ld/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.icbl.hw.ac.uk%2F~philb%2Ftemp%2FschCExt%2FFifeAccounting.html>

It's pretty easy to generate microdata examples from the RDFa

Phil

--
Phil Barker           @philbarker
LRMI, Cetis, ICBL     http://people.pjjk.net/phil

Workflow: http://www.icbl.hw.ac.uk/~philb/workflow/

-----
We invite research leaders and ambitious early career researchers to
join us in leading and driving research in key inter-disciplinary themes.
Please see www.hw.ac.uk/researchleaders for further information and how
to apply.

registered under charity number SC000278.