Re: CourseInstance

On 12 April 2016 at 10:45, Ali Kayn <ali@festivale.info> wrote:

> I'd like to weigh in my tuppence.
>
> I heartily agree that there should be for *events*
> max-attendees
> min-attendees
>
> and a status that includes
> proposed
> open
> closed
> cancelled (canceled)

We have http://schema.org/EventStatusType which currently defines values:
cancelled, postponed, scheduled, rescheduled.

> and that these should be *not required*.

To repeat what I said more verbosely a couple days back: nothing in
schema.org is required *by schema.org*.

-> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-schemaorg/2016Apr/0040.html

Sites, services, tools etc might have their own requirements for
information that they need to perform some particular function, but in
general schema.org is purely a dictionary of terms. And dictionaries don't
tell you what to say, they just document the language for saying it...

cheers,