Re: Welcome & introductions

(+1 for Phil as group leader.)

I'm David Weinberger <http://www.weinberger.org/David> and am also new to
the group. I plan on mainly lurking because this is a topic that interests
me, but I do not have the technical expertise to contribute in a meaningful
way. (Note: That doesn't always stop me.)

I write about the Internet's effect on ideas. I was a philosophy professor
long ago, and have been at Harvard's Berkman Center for Internet & Society
for 12 yrs, currently as a "senior researcher."

I have a long-term interest in interoperability. Until a year ago I was
co-director of the Harvard Library Innovation Lab where I initiated and
oversaw the construction of LibraryCloud
<http://library.harvard.edu/librarycloud>, an open API for Harvard Library.
I also recently wrote a paper
<http://shorensteincenter.org/open-news-platforms-david-weinberger/> as a
Harvard Shorenstein journalism fellow on the rise, fall, and possible rise
of open APIs in the news media.

TL;DRL I'm a writer and occasional "do-er" who would like educational
material to be far more findable and reusable.

david@weinberger.org

David W.
david@weinberger.org