Re: RWW Use-Case Example: Web-Scale Ticketing Ideas

> On 20. May 2021, at 17:48, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 20 May 2021 at 17:22, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>>
>> > On 20. May 2021, at 17:17, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Changed title to orient focus.
>> >
>> > Here's what exists currently, putting blockchains aside.
>> >
>> >       • I can generate an X.509 Certificate (which an expiration date) that functions as my Web Ticket
>> >       • I can ACL protect my RDF documents and even associated services
>> > Adding a blockchain to the mix solves the following:
>>
>> Btw. with Verifiable Credentials we should now be in a position to go beyond X509 - finally!
>> It is also quite possible to bypass the TLS layer for authentication.
>> Finally one can use description logic to describe access rights.
>>
>> I am trying to bring all these ideas together here:
>>
>> https://github.com/solid/authentication-panel/blob/main/proposals/HttpSignature.md
>>
>> One type of description could be ownership of a ticket, signed by the agency giving out the tickets.
>>
> Interesting
>
>     acl:agent   [ cert:key </2019-09-02#k1> ],
>
> Are agent bnodes of this kind actually working, right now?

If you have good Linked Data libraries those things just work themselves out nearly
automatically.

I think I built that in rww-play 5 or 6 years ago, but I can’t remember clearly.
But in any case, I am rewriting the server right now from scratch as part of an EU project
  https://github.com/co-operating-systems/Reactive-SoLiD

The implementation is guding me in writing up these specs.

Henry Story

https://co-operating.systems
WhatsApp, Signal, Tel: +33 6 38 32 69 84‬
Twitter: @bblfish