Re: Use Cases for the Temporal Read-Write Web

Beaker has a svn git like thing built-in...

It is different to slack, or discord or whatever, indeed some of the chat
functionality - not sure if a good app has been made yet...

But the browser itself, also supports HTTP resources, and kinda supports
something like the WebID-TLS Vision (baked into the browser), without any
RDF being considered broadly in the ecosystem, as yet...

I'm of the opinion that building a POC RWW Browser using the same stack
(electron) as it's fast, but perhaps forking beaker could be a good way to
get there...?

Anyhow.

Re: usecases, would be nice to have a "knowledge cloud" like ontological
frame for it, so that we can later graph the history of it all.

The spreadsheet attached to simile widget timeline [3] is perhaps, a
notable format.

Fwiw: I don't think building on existing silos, is either; how it was done
in the first place, or how it's possible to make something different to
them now.

Centralised caches are important, alongside backups and archives. Cold
storage was much cheaper than hot storage; in theory, files should be very
big.

Will think more about it...

Timothy Holborn.

[1] https://github.com/beakerbrowser/beaker