Re: Microsoft’s Fluid Framework is now open source, comes to Office 365

On 5/20/20 3:28 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> Long time, no post.
>
> Quite an interesting article here on Microsoft's fluid framework
>
> "In addition, *Microsoft is also open-sourcing the Fluid Framework and
> making the code available on GitHub*  within the next few weeks."
>
> https://techcrunch.com/2020/05/19/microsofts-fluid-framework-is-now-open-source-comes-to-office-365/
>
> Watch the video here
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10hXCKbfXAM
>
> It looks like one small step towards making a read write web a reality
>
> I tried signing up but got an authentication error, so it still seems
> quite early.  As Microsoft is not my personal operating system,
> perhaps some other might be better suited to try this out and report
> experiences
>
> Thanks to spotter:  Kingsley!

With a bit of luck, re openness,  this framework could be extended to
further use existing Open Standards e.g., LDP, WebDAV, HTTP URIs as
Entity (rather than just Document) Identifiers, SPARQL (which is
delivered over HTTP anyway), etc..

Clearly, they already have websockets in use re live collaboration etc..

Home Page: http://www.openlinksw.com
Community Support: https://community.openlinksw.com
Weblogs (Blogs):
Company Blog: https://medium.com/openlink-software-blog