3) we provide a lightweight ontology for the predicate options which is functional for a variety of reasons. But we are not exclusive with that either. So, if someone has their own vocabulary for properties, this can also be used.
4) the resulting RDF is then stored multiple ways...in named graphs, in RDFa with html files linked to the image, and with supplied sparql end point. Further, we have a word press plug-in for dynamically pulling the images based on sparql queries and publishing those images in web galleries with both the RDFa and JSON-LD.
4) while the original intent was to annotate mainly images we can also annotate some other 'subjects' (experimental at this stage) and
5) in a reverse engineering scenario, images can be used for ontology engineering using the tool.
We are interested in finding researchers who may want to work with us on projects of all types.
Wonder who is updating that w3c link on authoring tools? Maybe we can get added?
Best,Margaret Warren

-------- Original message --------From: Sarven Capadisli <info@csarven.ca> Date: 9/22/18  12:06  (GMT-05:00) To: Steven Harms <sgharms@stevengharms.com>, semantic-web@w3.org Cc: Linking Open Data <public-lod@w3.org>, public-rww <public-rww@w3.org> Subject: Re: Pragmatic Authoring Tools for RDF Stores
On 2018-09-22 15:36, Steven Harms wrote:
> /Note: Vocabulary choice might be off below. Read with maximal flexibility/
>
> After reading up on RDF, vocabulary authoring, and getting to know a
> number of vocabularies, I want to populate a collection. However, when I
> make my first steps in this regard I find myself both hindered and
> confused by lack of tooling.
>
> *Interface: *As an example, I'd expect to be able to find a tool that
> lets one import vocabularies to the tool as the available options with
> authoring statements. Given the "triple," I'd expect to select a
> subject, predicate, object as chosen from those data provided by the
> cached vocabularies.
>
> When I look for such a thing
> (https://www.w3.org/wiki/AuthoringToolsForRDF), the tools are mostly >
> 10 years old with few updates and no /de facto/ standard. In general,
> most searches to find an authoring platform point to dead links or
> bit-rotted pages. Ultimately, this leads me to ask whether my
> understanding is correct.
>
> Questions:
>
> 1. Is authoring like I described above desirable, expected? Is it hoped
> that individuals would think "Hm, instead of a bulleted list in a Google
> Doc, I'll add these notes using (sought RDF tool)." Or is the
> expectation that some other storage / interface / solution that emits
> RDF will be the primary interface?
>
> 2. Assuming individual authorship /is/ a desired thing, is the
> "Interface" I described above a reasonable sketch of the user experience?
>
> 3. Assuming individual authorship as desirable and the UX as
> appropriate, why doesn't that (seem to?) exist?
>
> While I doubt that RDF Collections will be used for casual
> shopping-lists etc., there are a number of places where they ought be
> useful in both home and business (e.g. `home:photoAlbum2009A
> schema:about lifeEvents:tripToLondon`) and being able to author them in
> a pleasant UI that enriches a collection in a virtuous cycle seems to be
> the future this group is striving toward.
>
> Clarifications will be greatly appreciated,
>
> Steven
>

> --
> Steven G. Harms
> PGP: E6052DAF
> <https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x337AF45BE6052DAF>

Hi Steven,

Check out:

* https://ods-qa.openlinksw.com/rdf-editor/ (close to what you are
looking for I think)

* https://dokie.li/

In case you are not already aware, you might want to engage in Linked
Data/Read-Write Web-centric mailing lists (in CC):

* public-lod@w3.org

* public-rww@w3.org

-Sarven
http://csarven.ca/#i