Re: webid predicate

On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 at 09:25, Story H.J. <H.J.Story@soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 19 Sep 2018, at 00:08, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi All
>
> This was raised a few years back, but not resolved.
>
> We dont have a predicate for webid itself.
>
> It would be useful in heterogeneous systems to write
>
> []  :webid <myPreferredURI> .
>

> by using <myPrefferedURI>  you are speaking of the thing, not the URI.
> <-> is a function from String to URIRef, written mathematically as:
>
>     <->: String → URIRef
>
> This means it can be substituted with co-referring terms. So that's not
> what you want.
> You'd need
>
> person :webid "http://bblfish.net/people/henry/card#me"^^xsd:anyURI .
> to refer to the URI as a URI.
>
> What would be the domain and range of that relation?

So, the use case is geared towards adding a URI to an existing system.  Say
having "webid" : foo in your git config (which hopefully could be
integrated into git fully).  Or to put it in matodon, anything that allows
you to tie key value pairs to an existing profile.  The benefit is to pull
web 2.0 systems into linked data using follow your nose.

As such I think the domain has to be anyURI.

As for the range, I think it could be foaf Agent, but also there's a number
of other agent type vocabs as of 2018 e.g. schema.org, as, ogp -- im sure a
few more, and more will emerge.  So I think range ought to be anyURI too?

https://lov.linkeddata.es/dataset/lov/terms?q=preferredURI