Re: Refurbished draft thoughts...

Thanks for sharing.  You may also want to look at W3C’s work on data sets and abstraction layers for services.  The Data Exchange Working Group [1] is refining the existing DCAT Recommendation to make it easier to discover and interoperate with catalogs of data sets published the Web. The Web of Things Interest and Working Groups [2] are focusing on enabling open markets of services through an abstraction layer for things that stand for physical or abstract entities. Both activities reduce the effort, cost and risk for dealing with the diversity of approaches, standards and technologies.

[1] https://www.w3.org/2017/dxwg/wiki
[2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/

> On 29 Jul 2017, at 07:05, Sebastian Samaruga <ssamarug@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It's just thoughts about making what HTML did for 'web' applications but for SW (RDF) instead for 'whatever' applications...
>
> My point should be that SW should not have as much 'trouble' as HTML did for being useful having 'real' business applications (beside academia) running on top of it.
>
> We could skip much of the cumbersome work that was trying to build use cases over a distributed *document* edition system (with all the 'amendments' it imposed) trying to build applications over a distributed *data* edition and linking framework.
>
> At least for what I know we only have (lots of) protocols...
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OqsVn6uo0cr6qruzWj9yRASrmvAIAf4HsHuLS2aRSy8/edit?usp=drivesdk <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OqsVn6uo0cr6qruzWj9yRASrmvAIAf4HsHuLS2aRSy8/edit?usp=drivesdk>
> Best regards,
> Seb.
> <Business.pdf>

W3C champion for the Web of things & W3C Data Activity Lead