Re: Linked Data Platform Wikipedia Entry Draft

would suggest replacing "but realized that Tim Berners-Lee's four
rules for linked data[6] did not go far enough for their purpose" with
something along the lines of "and realized that Tim Berners-Lee's four
rules for linked data[6] could be applied to this problem space too."

Why? Because that claim (by whoever made or is making it) is factually
incorrect, and somewhat nonconstructive.

I need to pull in:

"

The Linked Data article gave simple rules for putting data on the web
so that it is linked. Then, "Read-Write Linked Data" follows on from
that to discuss allowing applications to write as well as read data.
This note adds decentralized access control of reading and of writing
to linked data.

This can be called "socially-aware" storage, because the access
control within the storage layer is just powerful enough to implement
the social requirements of the social network applications. (In the
current model proves insufficiently powerful to do this, then it could
be enhanced by adding more inference to the ACL system, and more
expressivity to the ACL -- or rather policy language -- used to
express the social constraints). The overall goal is one in which
storage with the necessary functionality is a ubiquitous commodity,
and application growth becomes dramatic as the provision of storage is
decoupled from the design and deployment of applications."

https://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/CloudStorage.html (date 2011/09/27 22:31:21)

"
and https://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/ReadWriteLinkedData.html

In a larger scope it appears timbl was going for webdav for RWW before
the LDP WG started, then he later adopted LDP (bringing over Joe
Presbey and Andrei (the latter knowingly in the LDP WG with Arnaud))..

LDP WG: first recommendation for RWW that I know of
TimBL: first thinking of RWW that I Know of
-Brent Shambaugh

GitHub: https://github.com/bshambaugh
Website: http://bshambaugh.org/
LinkedIN: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brent-shambaugh-9b91259