Re: LDP a replacement for WebDav?

On 4/11/17 4:40 PM, Miles Fidelman wrote:

> On 4/11/17 4:32 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> On 4/11/17 1:39 PM, Miles Fidelman wrote:
>>> One would not, for example, mount an RDF file system.  (One might
>>> browse a distributed collection of Linked Data using a browser with a
>>> semantic data plug-in installed.)
>> Hi Miles,
>>
>> You could mount an LDP Container (a/k/a Folder) via an LDP compliant
>> app. Net effect, richer metadata for file/document browsing.
>>
>> Example:
>>
>> curl -ikLH "Origin: http://example.com" -H "Accept: text/turtle"
>> https://id.myopenlink.net/DAV/home/KingsleyUyiIdehen/RWW/
>>
>> Due to broad OS support of WebDAV (which isn't the case for LDP, right
>> now) we combine the use both in our RWW solutions.
>>

> Well yes, but that's not the intent of LDP or it's standard use. More
> fundamentally - it's NOT a replacement for WebDAV, nor was it intended
> as one.

Hi Miles,

Nothing in this response, or the one's I made earlier [1],  imply that I
see LDP as a replacement for WebDAV. My initial response clearly
indicated that I see LDP as an alternative protocol (not replace) for
RWW operations :)

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rww/2017Apr/0003.html --
My initial response.

OpenLink Software   (Home Page: http://www.openlinksw.com)