RWW like Implementations of IoT device management (via WoT)

From: Timothy Holborn <timothy.holborn@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 08:19:37 +0000
To: "public-web-of-things@w3.org" <public-web-of-things@w3.org>
Cc: public-rww <public-rww@w3.org>, W3C Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>, "public-webid@w3.org" <public-webid@w3.org>
I'm wondering what reference material may be available for IoT / WoT device
firmware / platform configurations, where the user is in-control of the
device.

This in-turn reflects what i'd consider a 'service-centric' approach vs. a
'human centric' approach.  In the 'human centric' approach, people would
purchase a device - much like they did in the years prior to/advent of -
WWW.  Drivers may be updated to support solving security flaws or updating
to newer standards for communications; but essentially, the purchase
decision does not require any data-relationship with the vendor of the
product.

I envisage this could in-turn be done via a SoLiD[1] or RWW[2] like
architecture (perhaps inclusive of improvements to existing WebID-TLS[3]
support) with/without credentials[4] use-case support (most likely via
#digitalreceipts #web-payments & server-side interactions?)

I'm interested in further information, links appreciated.

Tim.H.

[1] https://github.com/solid/solid
[2] https://www.w3.org/community/rww/
[3] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subject_Alternative_Name