Fwd: MOOC "Introduction to a Web of Linked Data" - starts on 21 November - registrations are still open.

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Fabien Gandon <fabien.gandon@inria.fr>
Date: 14 November 2016 at 11:21
Subject: MOOC "Introduction to a Web of Linked Data" - starts on 21
November - registrations are still open.
To: public-esw-thes@w3.org, public-owl-dev@w3.org, public-rdfa@w3.org,
public-rif-wg@w3.org, public-semweb-ui@w3.org, public-sparql-dev@w3.org,
public-vocabs@w3.org, semantic-web@w3.org, www-rdf-rules@w3.org, Semantic
Wiki Interest Group <swikig@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de>, web semantique <
web.semantique@inria.fr>

*MOOC "Introduction to a Web of Linked Data"*

The MOOC "Introduction to a Web of Linked Data" will be available on 21
November 2016 on the France Université Numérique (FUN) platform.

Among its many evolutions, the Web became a way to exchange data between
applications. Everyday we consume and produce these data through a growing
variety of applications running on a growing variety of devices. This major
evolution of the Web has applications in all domains of activity.

This MOOC, produced by Inria Learning Lab introduces the Linked Data
standards and principles that provide the foundation of the Semantic Web.
It is divided in 4 parts/weeks:
    - the fundamental principles of Linked Data on the Web
    - the RDF recommendation that provides a standard data model and
syntaxes to publish and link data on the Web
    - an overview of the SPARQL query language that allows us to access
data sources on the Web
    - the standards supporting the exchange and integration of RDF data
with other formats and data sources (R2RML, CSVW, JSON-LD, RDFa, GRDDL,
LDP).

Each week alternates short videos and quizzes, as well as supplementary
resources, to gradually progress through the different principles and
standards.

Participants need to be acquainted with basic Web notions (e.g. browser)
and be able to install software on their machine.

The MOOC will be taught by Fabien GANDON, Catherine FARON-ZUCKER and
Olivier Corby (Wimmics team, Inria, I3S, CNRS, UNS).

The course will start on 21 November. Registrations are already open.

Feel free to register and share this information widely. The course is free
and open to everybody: https://www.fun-mooc.fr/
courses/inria/41013/session01/about

--
Fabien Gandon, Université Côte d’Azur, Inria, CNRS, I3S, France
@fabien_gandon - http://fabien.info