Re: How Estonia is using X.509 for Identity, payments, voting and much more

Some developer resources:

e-Residency can be easily integrated into your desktop web application in a
few hours. It uses client-side SSL certificates that have been a
cryptographic standard for nearly 20 years.

https://e-estonia.com/e-residents/for-developers/

https://github.com/open-eid/hwcrypto.js

https://e-estonia.com/e-residents/for-developers/

*<?php*

*// Get variables*

$certificate = getenv(“SSL_CLIENT_S_DN”);

$status = getenv(“SSL_CLIENT_VERIFY”);

*// Check for success*

if($status != “SUCCESS” || substr($certificate, 0, 33) !=
“/C=EE/O=ESTEID/OU=authentication/”) exit();

$id = explode(“/”, $certificate, 8);

*// Print results*

echo “First name: ” . explode(“=”, $id[5], 2)[1] . “\n”;

echo “Last name: ” . explode(“=”, $id[6], 2)[1] . “\n”;

echo “ID code: ” . explode(“=”, $id[7], 2)[1] . “\n”;

*?>*