Re: Announce: YouID for Android Released

On 5/22/14 2:53 PM, Jürgen Jakobitsch wrote:
> hi kingsley,
>
> this is really working great (installed the apk on android phone and
> tablet via airdroid),
> especially with google drive hosting, i can use the created webid
> [1][2] without further ado.
> i cannot use my dropbox identity with webIDTestServer [3], apparently
> there are some encoding issues on the dropbox side (my 'ü' in jürgen)
> is kind of messed resulting in a parse error.
>
> now... i have spent centuries on creating a proper uri scheme for
> *.turnguard.com <http://turnguard.com> and after a lengthy debate with
> all apache conf files i've managed to create a google-drive proxy,
> which enables me to incorporate google drive in said scheme.
> would it be possible to set the SAN for the created certificate and
> the URI of the webID during the creation process?

Yes, it should be via options where ProxyURIs are disabled. I just
checked, and noticed this option is missing on Android (but exists on
iOS [1]). Basically, if you know what your are doing you should be able
to override this default, of course.

> i mean something like an advanced option for people who know how the
> final URI will look like and do not rely on the automatically created
> url (of google drive or the like).

Yes.

It will be fixed, already passed on to the YouID development team.

> any comment really appreciated!
>
> again, congrats, liking youID a lot...

Thanks!

Links:

[1] http://twitter.com/kidehen/status/469587158915772416 -- iOS panel
that offers the option to disable ProxyURIs.

Kingsley

Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com