Re: Loosely Coupled Identification and Authentication Demo -- Microsoft IdP

On 6/30/14 8:22 AM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 6/29/14 7:24 PM, Peter Williams wrote:
>> We cannot have a “more” list of 3 million icons. And I have no
>> intention of using an American brand (like Microsoft or Google, or
>> ...l) for anything that has the slightest value.
>>
>> What do we do?
> Peter,
>
> You don't have to remember or type in a URI when accessing a protected
> resource using the Virtualized Authentication Layer (VAL) referred to
> in my earlier post. I've produced a screenshot from my ODS (OpenLink
> Data Spaces) based Briefcase (our equivalent of OneDrive, Dropbox,
> Google Drive etc..) that displays the current authenticated identity
> associated with a user agent session [1].
>
> If I wanted to make a more fine-grained acl, scoped to a specific URI,
> I would simply copy and paste that URI for use in my ACL. As for
> users, they never need to type anything when accessing protected
> resources, they simply click on a button.
>
> If you wanted to use your Microsoft URI in the SAN of an X.509 cert
> you have two choices:
>
> 1. Simply generate your x.509 cert (Digital Identity Card) using YouID
> -- take the Microsoft PdP (Profile Data Provider) route with one of
> the following as the IdP (Identity Provider -- service that stores
> public part of your Identification oriented Claims) OneDrive, Dropbox,
> Google Drive etc..
>
> 2. Do it by hand using provider certificate generator provided by
> relevant operating system.
>
> Either way, our NetID-TLS (a superset of WebID-TLS) protocol with
> handle identity claims authentication. In short, that's what happens
> when you click on the buttons presented by the VAL dialog.
>
> Links:
>
> [1] http://susepaste.org/35303595 -- My Identifier from Microsoft's
> Data Space (which is comprised of millions of other user accounts for
> every Microsoft app/service user)

Here's WebID-TLS based authentication results page based on a YouID
generated Identity Card where the WebID is derived from interaction with
a Microsoft Account via OAuth and the WebID-Profile document is deployed
using Microsoft OneDrive. Net result:

1. a WebID -- scoped to Microsoft OneDrive (following successful
interaction with Microsoft Identity Provider services)
2. an X.509 based Digital Identity Card (Cert.) .

When generating the Identity Card the user simply clicks on a button
that triggers the handshake and profile data exchange with Microsoft's
services.

Note, even if the Microsoft user doesn't have an actual Digital Identity
card, I can still make an ACL based on their Microsoft URI (e.g.,
<https://profile.live.com/cid-3a02f98c12fc49f5>) using the Microsoft
Accounts specific authentication API. Basically, this is where the
NetID-TLS superset of WebID-TLS comes into play.

Links:

[1] http://bit.ly/TwdZ10 -- actual WebID-TLS based authentication
results page
[2] http://bit.ly/1sRcg70 -- YouID generated artifacts collection for my
Microsoft Account, deployed via OneDrive and mounted to my ODS-Briefcase
(since these storage service providers don't provide open directory
browsing without social media contacts data related payments)
[3]
http://kingsley.idehen.net/DAV/home/kidehen/Public/OneDrive/YouID/IDcard_Live_140630_084317/index.html
-- HTML based variant of my Digital Identity Card .

Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com