Re: Loosely Coupled Identification and Authentication Demo

> On 30 Jun 2014, at 9:24 am, Peter Williams <home_pw@msn.com> wrote:
>
> so there are, oh, 1 million office365 IDPs, at this point - each one oauth enabled. And, Ill guess there are a million more, in the google world. IF GCHQ ever lets them free from surveillance, Yahoo will add more, I’m sure. Not rea`lly sure any of them are worth having, to be honest - being US firms that are “much afeared” - to cite a certain bard.
>
> We cannot have a “more” list of 3 million icons. And I have no intention of using an American brand (like Microsoft or Google, or ...l) for anything that has the slightest value.
>
> What do we do?
>
> Has the time come to change the game?
>
> The likelihood of me typing in a URI is zero. Given the MIcrosoft store of URI typed previously is shared between devices (and stored or controlled by a US/UK spying cloud), its compromised . So what do we do?

A domain name controlled by the user seems to make sense.  Would need a consumer friendly hosting services application, with rww capabilities, though....

> Or should we just admit - the political web needs to be white-house aligned (as in the typical W3C position)?

The rule of law for us citizens, should be supported by the us.  For au citizens, au governance systems, uk, uk, etc.

Those rights should not extend overseas, or to other incorporated legal entities, for example - for commercial purpose, rather than the needs of law enforcement.

IMHO - of course.  In principal, the rule of law and related human rights principles should be highly accessible.  Participants accountable.  Enforcement available, within reasonable accessibility frameworks.

IMHO again, of course.

I think the UN, and other forums like it are the means used for information sharing and related bilateral agreements, data access, isn't it?  Or is it Verizon, Cisco, Facebook, etc,..

Timh.