Re: LDP Interop via CIMBA and Virtuoso

I like that this group, despite being highly idealistic, is not too religious, and very engineering centric. Here, REST is not as stateless as one might teach, in a class. With https URIs, its about as unstateless as it gets - by default.

First, we should all know that “for efficiencies” “crypto” state persists between http transactions.

Secondly, folks ought to have figure by now that since 2001 all major hosters have sent their ssl logs to NSA or equivalent. These tie the ssl sessionid to the ip address (to help sort packets and crypto sessions - to help prioritize cryptanalysis efforts). No they do NOT send their SSL session MIBS (but they might as well, since inference puts the pieces back together); sending only “critical infrastructure protection” logs.

So I dont want us to set out on the wrong foot (with a continuation or acceptance of the grand deception that was set in motion or accepted in the TBL era of W3C). We have to think 15 years ahead, and imagine the crypto compromise that will be found THEN (given all the issues).

we should only use ciphersuites that offer integrity and authentication. We remove the encryption features that is. This is easy enough to do on the ssl server pools.

What did we lose? nothing (except the belief in encryption - that doesnt really work as we were trained to expect, aged 12).

What did we gain?

a new start, looking for a non-deception based crypto compromise - at the social level

lack of connivance, when pretending that tracking tracing and surveillance is other than “built in”

distinguishing the mission from e-commerce- when society had to be worried about 16 years see a credit-card number in a packet trace.

being logically clear that the “only” thing we have done is deliver the kind of logical framework - at massive scale - that was contemplated by lampson et al

We stay away from the web supporting Arab springs, PGP sorting out Russian dourness, and getting mired in the pretence of anonymity via trust modelling built from metadata.

Sent from Surface Pro