Re: Web Identity 1.0 -- Draft Spec

On 1/9/14 1:17 AM, Henry Story wrote:
> The Persona distinction you want to draw can be made by distinguishing
> between sense and
> reference. If a same person has 3 WebIDs, for sake of example let us say:
>
>    - http://tim.example/#me
>    - http://example.org/tim#i
>    - http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/card#i
>
>  with accompanying WebID profiles, then as shown by the picture
>  in the overview section of the spec:
>
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/raw-file/tip/spec/identity-respec.html#overview
>
> each of these URIs _refers_ to the same person ( as per hypothesis
>  Tim Berners Lee),
> yet each  of them will have 3 different senses. The sense arrow will
> point to three different points in
> three different NamedGraphs.
>
> ( Note: I have updated the graph so that the sense  arrow now points
> to the #i of Tim
>  in the W3C graph. So it is a Point-In-a-Named-Graph ( if people have
> better ideas
> for how to call this please let me know )).
>
> The sense of each of the WebIDs is different. That is why the WebIDs
> can be used as
> three different personas for the same person. The distinct Persona's
> won't be very useful
> as distinct persona's if of course each of the three documents asserts the
> owl:sameAs relation between them, as reasoning engines will then find
> information about each
> of them quite easily (assuming there are no access control retrictions
> on each of the documents,
> in which case reasoning engines might put that relation into doubt ).
>
> The advantage of this sense notion of Personas is that a person could
> later also owl:sameAs personas
> together to make a "coming out" statement one day.
>
> Henry
+1

I've made a variety of posts that demonstrate personas in this context:

[1] https://twitter.com/kidehen/status/419578364551499776 -- Tweet about
G+ persona with identity card stored on Dropbox

[2]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6axheezwemdspo1/index.html#.Us6tVv0vEaA
-- actual identity card for G+ persona stored on Dropbox

[3] http://bit.ly/1iDrdDr -- ODS-Briefcased mounted Dropbox folder
(since these Web 2.0 services don't offer folder listing feature)
showing a variety of documents (content is a variety of RDF formats)
associated with identity claims

[4] http://bit.ly/1eIPm6u -- verification of identity claims from G+
identity card using WebID + TLS protocol .

Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com