Paper: Secure Manipulation of Linked Data

From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 13:28:04 +0200
To: public-rww <public-rww@w3.org>, Sabrina Kirrane <sabrina.kirrane@deri.org>
*Abstract*

When it comes to publishing data on the web, the level of access control
required (if any) is highly dependent on the type of content exposed. Up
until now RDF data publishers have focused on exposing and linking public
data. With the advent of SPARQL 1.1, the linked data infrastructure can be
used, not only as a means of publishing open data but also, as a general
mechanism for managing distributed graph data. However, such a
decentralised architecture brings with it a number of additional challenges
with respect to both data security and integrity. In this paper, we propose
a general authorisation framework that can be used to deliver dynamic query
results based on user credentials and to cater for the secure manipulation
of linked data. Specifically we describe how graph patterns, propagation
rules, conflict resolution policies and integrity constraints can together
be used to specify and enforce consistent access control policies.

http://sabrinakirrane.com/publications

Some interesting papers here, including one to be presented at ISWC,
especially regarding the recent topic of access control