Re: YouID 1.3.0 Released

On 10/16/13 10:56 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> On 15 October 2013 20:16, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com
> <mailto:kidehen@openlinksw.com>> wrote:
>
>     All,
>
>     Quick FYI, YouID 1.3.0 [1] has now been approved by the ITunes
>     Appstore.
>
>     What's New?
>
>     1. Looser coupling of Profile Data Providers (PdPs) and Identity
>     Document Providers (IdPs) such that you can obtain profile data
>     from the likes of Twitter, LinkedIn, G+ etc. while persisting
>     identity claims to documents hosted in your Dropbox, Google Drive,
>     Microsoft SkyDrive, Box, ODS-Briefcase, Generic WebDAV, or SPARQL
>     accessible data spaces
>
>     2. Adds support for Amazon, Instagram, Dropbox, Microsoft Live
>     etc.. as profile data providers.
>

> Awesome, how does this compare to webfist:
>
> http://www.onebigfluke.com/2013/06/bootstrapping-webfinger-with-webfist.html
>

>     Links:
>
>     [1] http://bit.ly/19McSik -- detailed G+ note about YouID 1.3.0.
>
>     --

As the Webfist site states:

There are many things I want to share with someone who has my email
address. A quick list:

  * My business address (as part of a hCard)
  * My public key (for private communication)
  * My personal webpage address and RSS feed
  * My photo hosting provider (for sharing images, like Flickr)
  * My web drive hosting provider (for sharing documents, like DropBox)
  * My preferred way of logging into websites (Facebook, Twitter, OpenID)

For which YouID just offers via profile document relations. Note, there
is an "anonymous" modality in YouID that's enabled by default. Thus,
when not in this mode the resulting profile document contains relations
that associate the profile document subject with items above [1].

Of course, YouID also supports the Webfinger resolution protocol for
acct: scheme URIs too. It also places the profile document in your own
data space which enables you enhance as you see fit via new relations etc..

On the Email front, you simply sign your emails using existing S/MIME.
Other issues are just handled by the Email clients filtering
capabilities, many of which now enable filters on any email header.

Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen